Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 1 - I'M READY!

10:00am
I am happy to say I started my morning by sleeping in :-) A rarity as of late. I had left ground sirloin and a chicken breast in the refrigerator and it was just a matter of which to make for breakfast. I decided to whip up 2 eggs (minus 1 egg yoke) and a ground sirloin patty. Honestly, that feeling of dread hit me again as I took my first bite of egg and beef patty. I had under seasoned my patty (next time I will double up on the salt-free Mrs. Dash) and the lack of that "splash" of milk and dash of salt I usually add to my eggs was enough to bring a tear to my eye. I sipped my delicious homemade Lipton Ice Tea (sweetened with Stevia.. delish!) and forced myself to eat what I could. Surprisingly I was able to swallow every bite... despite how dry it all was.

3:15pm
I started my errands about 11:15 and I guess the time got away from me because I got home about 2pm. After getting crabby with my husband over something so trivial (actually, i did that 3 times in like 10 min..sorry honey) I made my lunch. I seasoned a chicken breast (with Mrs. Dash salt-free) cooked it in a skillet. While that cooked I tried my hand at "Hunter's Sauce" from the Dukan Diet book. Uhhh, yea... if you decide to make this, don't be surprised when the shallot/vinegar/water mixture doesn't thicken as it says in the recipe. In any case, I followed the recipe as it was written but cooked it a few seconds over a low flame to cook the egg yoke through. What I came up with was a lumpy pale yellow glop. I spooned it onto my plate and hoped for the best. I guess my hoping worked because my chicken breast and lumpy "sauce" were a perfect match. Now all I have to do is come up with a good way of preparing my ground sirloin :-/ 


9:00pm
All things considered, I think this day was pretty successful. It was about 5:00pm when I made my first Dukan Galett (kinda like a pancake, but not as yummy). I was going nuts with a sweet tooth so I decided to add a dash of Splenda to the mix. It was pretty tasty and at first did not satisfy my sweet tooth. But, I forced myself to push on, and continue reading my book. After about 15 minutes, the "need" for something else to snack on was gone and I was relieved. Once again, the time got away from me due to errands and I didnt end up eating till about 8pm. Unfortunately, I was not able to turn my expensive ground sirloin into a delicious masterpiece. I tried adding egg whites and double up on the seasonings but I was still disappointed. I whipped up an herb galette to eat the hamburger with and was only mildly please with it. After 2 failed attempts, I am not going to give up. I still have enough ground sirloin for at least 4 more meals... somethings bound to taste good.


10:00pm
I couldn't sit in my living room anymore. the more I sat, the more I wanted to raid the fridge for "real" food. So, I headed off to bed to read some Stephen King and listen to a few podcasts. 


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment