Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 2 - Food dreams

11:00am
The effects of not eating as I normally do has caused me to have some "foody" dreams. Not too crazy but enough to wish I could have a tortilla. I dreamt that I was eating a stack of tortillas late at night in the kitchen table with my husband. I had another food dream, but I cant remember what exactly what it was about other than it had to do with food :-/

Breakfast was late this morning... again. I need to try getting up at 8am even on the weekend if I decide to make pork tenderloin for breakfast. I finally at around 10:30am after I had seared and baked my pork. I whipped up a little dijon mustard (1 tsp.), FF sour cream (1 tsp.), fresh ground pepper, Mrs. Dash Salt Free Garlic & Herb, and a pinch of dried tarragon. It was a delicious piece of meat and the sauce was pretty tasty so I would say breakfast was a success. Perhaps chicken breast for lunch...


5:55pm
Lunch was not really lunch today. I wasn't really hungry around 2pm so I decided to throw together something sweet to munch on. I have always had a sweet tooth and not being able to have a bite of chocolate is pretty hard. I decided to make a "cheese cake" like spread of my galette...


1 tbsp Fat Free softened Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Fat Free Sour Cream
1/2 - 1 tsp Splenda (I used 1 tsp and it was really sweet)


Mix all ingredients together to make a smooth spread.
(The amount it yeilded was too much for my one galette so next time I will reduce the ingredients slightly.)

About an hour after my sweet galette I was still feeling like I should eat something more. Left over ground sirloin tastes awesome mixed with a tiny bit of FF sour cream, Dijon mustard and spices. FINALLY! I found a way to make it taste good enough to eat :-P

Dinner came only slightly early today. Chicken breast sprinkled with minced garlic, Mrs. Dash and Cumin cooked in a oil free skillet. Seared both sides and turned down low and covered to cook through. Topped with a little FF sour cream and dijon mix, and my dinner was pretty good. The only problem eat that early is I think I will probably be hungry by 8pm. Perhaps a late night snack on sirloin crumbles...


*I have not mentioned my water intake, and walking habits... 2 crucial points of the Dukan Diet. My liquid intake is WAY over 2 quarts a day... probably more like 4 quarts (yes, i run to the restroom like 10 times a day). My walking the first day was iffy... I walked quite a bit at the grocery store and while running errands. Today I walked for a half hour and felt pretty good about it.

***DOWN 1.5 POUNDS***

No comments:

Post a Comment