Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 3 - Cheater Cheater!!

Yes, I cheated last night. As I sat reading my book my mind kept drifting to the thought of making my son a small bowl of ice cream sprinkled with plain M&M's. I did everything I could not to cheat... started reading a horror novel (usually I get so wrapped up in it), tucked in my son, talked to my husband, played with the puppy. Finally I caved and had about 15 M&M's... no ice cream. I savored each one, allowing the tiny candies to melt in my mouth. It was pretty great :-) I am not sure why I expected to see that I had put on a pound by the next morning but, thankfully, the scale didn't move.

9:45am
After a 15 minute battle with myself on whether I should weigh myself or not, I finally broke down and stepped onto my digital scale. So far I am down just over 5 pounds. At first I was not really believing it. I adjust the scale on the floor, stepped back on and it read the same thing. Next I went to the old fashioned scale in my bathroom and (although my weight on the old scale does not match the weight on the digital scale) it also showed a decrease in weight. Although it is exciting to know that I have dropped 5lbs, I am also a bit "yeah, whatever" about it because I know it is water weight. And just how do I know this? I am running to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes! I guess its worth it though. 

Breakfast was heavily seasoned ground sirloin topped with Dijon mustard, and a scrambled egg. It was satisfying enough and I look forward to my baked pork tenderloin for lunch.

2:55pm
I made my baked pork tenderloin but didn't eat it. Saving it for later. I did eat a low-sodium turkey slice from my grocery deli with chopped up boiled egg. a dash of Dijon, a smidgen of fat free sour cream, Mrs. Dash, black pepper and FIN... it was delish! I also had a tea cup of Diet Coke. Yes, a Tea cup... I didn't realize how much sodium is in that drink!

4:15pm
After running a few quick errands I got home famished. With my pork tenderloin still waiting to be eaten, I whipped up today's galette. I thought a pork "taco" would be tasty so i opted for the heavily herbed galette with 1/4 inch thick tenderloin slices. Once again topped with my Dijon sour cream herb sauce (hohum), I am eating it with delight. It actually is satisfying my taste buds and hunger. I have sucked down 20oz. of plain water and nearly 60oz. of my home made Splenda sweetened ice tea. 

9:50pm
Dinner was a grilled chicken breast. Thankfully I have not gotten bored with chicken breast yet but I fear it is coming soon. I was desperate for something sweet and found out a little more about what yogurt I can have. I found a yogurt in the fridge that didnt list sugar as an ingredient, took a bite and found it to be too sweet. Shocking isnt the word to describe my reaction to that. I took the container and mixed it with the same amount of greek plain yogurt and it toned the sweetness down enough to actually enjoy it. now it is nearing 10:oopm and I want something to eat again. I know its normal to be hungry on this diet and that is why its ok to eat often, but I still feel like I am doing something wrong when I eat after dinner. I am thinking a hard boiled egg and some turkey slices to get rid of that hunger.

Until tomorrow...

***DOWN 5.4 POUNDS***

No comments:

Post a Comment